Friday 30 September 2016

September Favourites

Hello lovelies, 
I hope you are having a fantastic Friday!

I had planned for this post to have lots of lovely photos to correspond with all of this month's favourites, however being a spoonie took over. This week I've started a new medication to lower my blood pressure and it's totally knocked me around! I'm incredibly nauseous and dizzy so my focus is resting and not the blog. Hopefully by next week I am back in the swing of things. 

I cannot believe we are at the end of September! This year has flown by. I'm not mentally ready to admit that we are approaching the holidays at all. I am excited for all things Halloween now that Australia does somewhat celebrate it! Stay tuned for some posts on Halloween decorating and cards! 
I wanted to share some of my favourite things about the month of September. I don't want to just share products, but memories/highlights also. 


Colouring/Reading Light 
It sounds simple but it has been a huge help! Sometimes late at night (not really late but late for me!) I like to colour in but don't have great lighting. This little light has been awesome in helping me see what I'm colouring in. It also can attach to a book for late night reads. 

New hair 
This month I took the leap and went to a hairdresser for the first time this year. Yes, this year. I used to be the girl who religiously got their hair done every 12 weeks. But spoonie life happen and I got sick of the pain of sitting in a hairdresser chair for hours on end, as well as the expected flare afterwards. After dyeing my hair myself I was over the colour and desperately needed a good cut. I am so so happy with how my hair turned out. I suffered a flare afterward but I've learnt that sometimes a flare is warranted if we want to do something for ourselves.


Blogging 
In September I took up blogging again, which has absolutely been a highlight. I've loved sharing parts of my life with the internet and opening myself up a little more his month. I'm hoping in the following months I can open up more and talk about topics that really matter to me. 

The Secret Life of Pets
After seeing the preview for this months and months ago I knew I had to see this movie! I have been going to the movies more often these days as its an activity I can do that requires little effort/energy. This movie was lots of fun and there were lots of laughs. 


Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Empire of Storms was released September 6th and I was SO excited to get my hands on a copy! The Throne of Glass series is one of my all time favourite- a kick ass female lead character with the stunning storytelling of Sarah J. Maas. I've been prolonging finishing the book because I don't want it to end! 

Melt Subscription 
This month I feature the Belle Lumiere Boutique Monthly Melt Subscription pack on my blog. I absolutely love having floral and fruity scents in my room and loved the section I received for September.


Lashes
In my Ride or Die tag this month I mentioned that I don't wear false lashes. Towards the end of the month I started playing around with them and fell in love with them! I've ordered lots of different lashes and I'm looking forward to trying different styles. 


MakeUp Geek Foiled Eyeshadows 
These are a forever favourite, but in September I loved doing easy eye looks with that amazing high sparkle pigment packed on the lid. I especially loved Whimsical and Flamethrower. Makeup Geek recently released a bunch of new Foiled Shadows and I have ordered some. I'm excited to do a haul post soon!


I'd love to know in the comments below what some of your favourite things about September were!

Gentle hugs,
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik