Tuesday 13 September 2016

Jasmine Becket-Griffith Colouring Book Review

Hello all,

Those who don't follow my personal Instagram won't know my absolute love of adult colouring! I will be posting photos on my public Instagram: @beautifullybrokenbridget from now on for you to see.
I have always loved to colour. I remember loving it when I was young and also colouring with my students when I was a Pre-School Teacher. A few years ago I stumbled on some books on eBay and started my rather large colouring book collection. I proudly tell people I was colouring before it was "cool" to do so!
I plan to do reviews on some of the books I currently have in my collection, as well as ones I am ordering and any you request for me to review. I know personally I buy all my colouring books online which can be hard to tell what the paper quality is like and what the colouring pages actually look like as most sellers don't show any excerpts of pages. For those reasons I love to look at online reviews, and photos of the pages. I hope my reviews help you decide if you'd like to purchase them!
I colour in mostly as a way to distract myself from my chronic pain. Whenever my pain levels are high I grab a book and whatever colouring mediaI plan to use for the piece and get to work. It helps me so much to express creativity and avoid frustration from pain!

Review 

Book:  A Fantasy Art Adventure 
Pages:  96 (55 colouring pieces in total) 
Publisher:  Llewellyn Publications


I received this Jasmine Becket-Griffith Coloring Book for my birthday after it being on my wishlist for awhile. I loved the idea of Jasmine taking her art pieces and allowing others to share their take on the piece.


The coloring book has a dust jacket, with the actual book having a plain brown cover.

Each left hand page has the title of the piece, along with the story of the piece. This is also great as it means the pages are only one sided. 
Sample pages in the book are below. 




The pages themselves are porous and very thick, being 150 gsm paper. Because of this you can use a variety of media to colour with. 
There is also a border around each piece which is great for those of us who dislike having to try and colour in close to the middle of the book! 


For this piece I used Monte Mart pencils and a Prismacolor blending brush. 

This book can be bought in several places, including my favourite online book store, The Book Depository.  The link to this book is here: 

I love this book and have since purchased Jasmine's latest colouring book "Halloween", which I will be posting a review of soon. 

Have you got this book? What books would you like me to review? Please comment below!
Gentle hugs,
Bridget 

Please note I am an affiliate with Book Depository. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik