Monday 19 September 2016

Ride or Die- Make Up Tag

Hello all,
If you're someone who likes to watch beauty gurus on Youtube, I am certain you've seen the Ride of Die make up tag that Jaclyn Hill has created. Basically if you were deserted on an island and could only take one of each make up product what would it be and why. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! I'd love for you to let me know what some of your Ride or Die make up items are in the comments below! 


Primer: Loreal Pro Matte Primer.
I love silicone primers as I feel they help fill in my pores and the acne scarring on my cheeks. After using other primers I feel this primer does help my makeup last longer which is a big plus. I also think the price point is decent ($29.95 in Australia) as I find that the amount of product lasts quite some time! 


Foundation: Kat Von D Lock It Foundation 

I chose this because it has wonderful coverage, it lasts quite some time without breaking up and looks beautiful on the skin. I love applying this with a beauty blender.




Concealer: Hard Candy "Glamoflague"
Hard Candy products aren't sold in Australia so I had a friend from America send me this concealer as I'd heard such amazing things. The coverage is out of this world- a little certainly goes a long way! It's an inexpensive product that I honestly feel is so underrated. Whilst it's a little annoying that I have to have it shipped from the U.S, I only need to replace it every 9-12 months! I have two shades as I use the "light" under my eyes and the "fair" everywhere else. 



Face Powder: Nude by Nature Mineral 
I've been using this powder for years and years! Whilst this is meant to be a power foundation, I use it as a setting powder as it gives just that little extra coverage and REALLY helps at both keeping my foundation set in place and filling in my pores and acne scars. I love this so much that I buy back ups during the Priceline 40% sale! 


Under eye setting powder: Australis 
I personally don't often set my under eyes, but when I do I use it I use the Australis. I do love baking with it and the nice bright effect it leaves under my eyes.


Blush:  Milani Dolce Pink
This one was hard as recently I have been using a lot of the Australis blushes as they are matte which look better on my acne scarred cheeks. But going off what I've used most in the past, my go to is the Milani Dolce Pink. Simply put- I love the colour. It's pink but not in your face bright. 




Bronzer
Honestly, I don't use bronzer. Being very fair I am yet to find a bronzer that doesn't look orange on me. Instead I prefer to contour and my favourite product is one that is suited exactly to my porcelain  cool tone! It's the Make Up Geek contour pan "Break Up". 





Highlighter: Becca Opal 

When Becca announced they were launching their Pearl product in pressed formed I couldn't wait for it to be released in Australia (we usually get products released overseas 6-12 months later!) and had it shipped from America. Being as pale as I am this product is just perfect for me! I prefer the white/silver highlights to gold as I'm a cool toned gal. 









Mascara: Too Faced "Better Than Sex" Waterproof

So I have a few mascaras that I use. Another hard category for me! When I first tried the normal BTS mascara I loved it, but was so disappointed that it wasn't waterproof. I MUST have waterproof! When Too Faced finally launched it in waterproof I was a happy little chappy! At first I was very disappointed in the product as the wand brought a lot of product out of the tube. I actually considered returning it. However after it had dried up a little it worked much better and I've reached for it every single time I've done my lashes! 



Lipstick: Milani "Matte Blissful"

I am an absolute sucker for pink/mauve toned shades! I fell in love the moment I saw swatches of this online and gasped when seeing it in person. Once again Milani isn't available here so I bought this online. Apart from the colour I adore the matte formula. The matte formula isn't drying and in fact feels very nourishing. 




Liquid Lip:  L.A Splash Lip Couture 

I personally own a LOT of different liquid lipsticks because I am a fan of applying and then not worrying about for a few hours. I find choosing a certain product/brand rather hard because I do own so many. I decided to go with the Lip Coutures because I adore the two colours that I do own, they aren't as drying as other brands I use, I don't notice them as much on my lips (I hate feeling like I have something on my lips!) and when they wear off, they wear off nicely. There isn't any clumping or butthole lips to be seen! I definitely want some more shades and would recommend giving them a go! I grab mine off eBay. 


Please note in the above photo these hadn't dried down when I took the photo. 



Gloss: Lanolips Lip Ointment 

I'm not much of a fan of lipgloss, or at least I wasn't until I stumbled across this product. I received this in a Goody Bag from Priceline. Usually I dislike glosses as I find them really thick and sticky. Lanolips is incredibly nourishing, thick but not too thick, not sticky, has a slight tint of colour incase you want to wear it alone and always feels amazing on. I'll go as far as to say that I won't use any other lipgloss from now on. This product is always next to my bed to use!



Lashes: NIL.

I currently don't use false lashes! I have actually wanted to try them out lately so have purchased some to play around with!


Eyeshadow palette: Too Faced "Sweet Peach Palette" 

This again was another hard one as I personally adore my MakeUp Geek individual pans in my Z-Palettes and I don't believe they qualify as a palette (otherwise it would be them hands down).  I also have SO many palettes that I try and mix it up and use different ones every time I do my makeup. I chose the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette as it's my go to when I don't know what to use. I feel that there are a lot of different looks you can do with this palette because of the selection of colours it has. The only downside to this palette and something I want to mention is that there is a Peach scent to the palette. As a spoonie I wanted to mention this as I know we are sensitive to smells. 





Setting Spray: Loreal Infallible Fixing Mist 


I've only used two different setting sprays, this one being the second. For that reason I am choosing it. I find it really does help my make up last longer, especially because my body doesn't react well to temperature increases and I sweat when I'm walking into a new room. 




Perfume: Marc Jacobs "Lola" 
I've used this scent for a long time. I love the scent and the fragrance lasts well on my skin. I do love a few others but they are so strongly infused with certain memories. This one doesn't have any memory in particular attached to it. Just happiness! 





Not included in the tag that I wanted to mention:
Brow Gel: Australis "Tint my Brow"
This is SUCH a great product! I was using the Benefit "Gimme Brow" and loved the small brush, but not the price tag. Australis recently changed the brush and made it smaller so I wanted to give it a go. It is BRILLIANT! The product lasts all day on my brows, sets my brows perfectly and the colour is great. I reach for this 100% of the time now as I prefer it to the Gimme Brow. 


If you've reached the end of this post you are an awesome person! 
I'd love to know what some of your Ride or Die products are below.

Gentle hugs,
Bridget 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik