Monday 24 October 2016

Spookathon Wrap-Up

Hello lovelies,
I hope you are having a Magnificent Monday!

Today's post will be a short one as I am currently flaring.
Last Monday I shared with you my picks for the read-a-thon "Spookathon". With this event having come to an end for me I wanted to share with you what I actually read and a mini-spoiler free review on each one!

Scare Tactics by David Whitehead
This was the first book I read, as well as the shortest/easiest to read. It was full of short stories and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to pass it on to a friend as I don't think I'd re-read it.

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
I wanted to re-read this series and continue it on as I do believe I only read the first 6 or so books. It was a fun quick read and I'm desperate to continue on as soon as possible! If you like supernatural books and want quick and easy reads I'd recommend this series.

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
I went into this not knowing much about it and it was a surprising read. I'm not too big of a fan of sci-fi reads but I did really like it. I personally am not super happy with how it ended, but for what it was I think it ended well. I'd recommend it for people who like sci-fy or want to read something a little different.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins 
I devoured this book in 4 hours! It was certainly one I couldn't put down, and one that I was constantly trying to work out the ending! I found it interesting following a character that had an addiction. I found myself often being frustrated with her and what she did as a result! I really liked this book and would like to read more like this!

Talon by Julie Kagawa
Unfortunately I only got 30% of this finished for the Spookathon so it doesn't really count. I am enjoying this so far and can see myself continuing on this series in the future!

Did you participate in Spookathon? If you did let me know what you read!
If you have any book recommendations for me please let me know down below in the comments!
Gentle hugs,
Bridget

1 comment:

  1. I love the Sookie Stackhouse books too, I need to order them from the library!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik