Monday 17 October 2016

My Spookathon Picks!


Hello my loves,
I hope you are having a Marvelous Monday!

Today I'm starting the Spook-a-thon, a challenge reading marathon running from October 17th to the 23rd. 
I haven't done any reading marathons this year so I wanted to give this new one a go, and I really like the challenges that have been set out. I've managed to use books that I have wanted to read (re-read in the case of the Sookie Steakhouse series). The only challenge I had was picking a 2016 release.
So my five books along with the challenges are:

A book with a paranormal character: Dead Until Dark
I read a lot of this series a few years ago, but I really wanted to re-read it and catch up. I've watched the tv series (True Blood) but know it deviates a lot from the book series so I want to read the books again and separate it in my mind. I think this is the book I'm most excited to read this one. 

A book with a spooky word in the title: Scare Tactics
I grabbed this book from a library book sale. It's just been sitting on my shelves for a year or so.  I figure I can read this then pass it on to someone else. 

A thriller: Girl on the Train
This has been on my TBR for awhile, and with the movie now showing I really wanted to get this read so I could go watch it! 

A 2016 release: Dark Matter
This was the hardest one for me to do as I didn't have a 2016 release to read so I looked at what others wanted to read and picked this one! 

A book with a red cover: Talon 
Another book that was on my TBR that I just kept passing on. It's such a stunning cover and I knew as soon as I saw this challenge I would have to pick Talon! 


Next Monday I'll do a wrap up of what I've managed to read and a quick review on them. I'd love if you want to read along with me! Come tell me on Twitter- @bridgetparker and we can support each other!
Gentle hugs,
Bridget

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read Girl on the Train!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be the last one I read! I'll definitely do a spoiler free review next Monday for you 😊

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik