Friday 7 October 2016

MakeUp Geek/Beauty Bay Haul


Hello lovelies,
I hope you're having a fantastic Friday!

Today I want to share with you some new make up goodies that I grabbed from Make Up Geek via the Make Up Geek website and Beauty Bay.  I am a massive fan of MUG and Marlena, the owner of the company so when I saw that Make Up Geek recently released some new foiled shadows, signature shadows and their first highlighter palette I had to snag some of them! I initially did an order on the MUG Website. I then decided I wanted to try a blue foiled eyeshadow and I needed another Z-palette. Instead of paying for double shipping I decided to purchase those two items from the Beauty Bay website as they have free shipping for orders over $26! 

I ordered the following from the Make Up Geek website:
Kathleen Lights Highlighter palette
Foiled Eyeshadow- Curtain Call
Foiled Eyeshadow- Epic
Foiled Eyeshadow- Sorcery 

I ordered the following from the Beauty Bay website:
Extra Large Z Palette
Foiled Eyeshadow- Centre Stage 

Shipping wise it was a little slow however that has nothing to do with the companies, this time of the year shipping gets slow so try and be aware of that if you order Oct-Jan and allow extra time. 

Let's take a look at the products and I'll give you a quick first impressions on them! 

Make Up Geek Foiled Eyeshadows 





Top to bottom colour names: 
Curtain Call
Epic
Center Stage
Sorcery

These foiled shadows are really something every makeup lover needs to purchase! It's a formula like no other on the market. The pigmentation is incredible, with barely any fall out at all. They have such wide variety of colours to suit all eye colours, skin types. I love these all over the lid to add a little sparkle, they really make your eyes pop! These foiled eyeshadows also work for all different eye looks. I really like to pop a light foiled shadow on the days I don't want to make much of an effort. Funnily enough I always get compliments the days I do that! 

Make Up Geek x Kathleen Lights Highlighter Palette

This highlighter palette is in collaboration with Youtube Beauty Guru Kathleen Lights. It is the first release of the MUG Highlighter formula which is based on their foiled eyeshadow formula. 
 
The back of the slide off case. 


The above photos are of the front and the back of the highlighter palette. 



As you can see the pan sizes are HUGE. As both Marlena and Kathleen mentioned, the highlighters do look dark in the pan. For that reason I didn't jump to buy it at first because I am so terribly pale. However I did want to try the formula as I had a feeling it would be fantastic. So after watching a lot of reviews I decided to take the plunge and get it. I knew I could pull off at least the pink shade. 


 From the swatches you can see that the bottom shade is too dark for me to use as a highlighter. I knew it would be and plan to use it as an eyeshadow as I have a huge love of bronze shades.
The shade names from top to bottom: 
Nightlight
Starlight
Sunlight

My first impression of these highlighters is that I am rather impressed! I popped Starlight on my cheekbones and found that it was subtle at first (which I loved) and could be built up to that mega WOW impact highlighter that some people love. I've gotta say- right now this is going to the top of my highlighter ride or die! I cannot wait for MUG to release their individual highlighters later this month! 

Z- Palette Extra Large 
I needed a new Z-Palette and decided to grab an extra large one. I haven't decided what to do in regards to my every day palette and my foiled shadows. I'll do another blog post when I decide how I want to lay them out!


So there is my haul! I love getting new make up, especially such good quality make up from a wonderful brand! 

Gentle hugs,
Bridget 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik