Monday 18 January 2016

My MakeUp Geek Christmas Order + Review

Hi loves,
For the past year I have wanted to do a MakeUp Geek order. Being in Australia, buying makeup overseas can be incredibly expensive with the shipping and conversion rate. So I held off on the order, dreaming of it as any makeup lover does. For Christmas I decided the only thing I wanted was a MakeUp Geek order (and a Colourpop one if I had spare cash!). On Christmas Day I spent a solid few hours on their website and picked the shades I felt would be every day wearable, as well as three I had to have for that pop of colour. Below are some photos and reviews on each different product. 



 I purchased a large black Z palette and filled it with MUG shadows. A large Z palette can fit 27 MUG shadows. Can you hear the angels with this palette? Lol. I am SO happy with most of my choices. I feel this is a good mix between warm and cool tones as well as a pop of colour.

Pictured below and the MUG Foiled eyeshadows. They are incredibly buttery, incredibly pigmented and so metallic. These are a must have! From top to bottom:
Pegasus
Caitlin Rose
Daydreamer
Whimsical 
Hire Wire
In The Spotlight
Starry Eyed
Grandstand  (this is an absolute MUST)
Mesmerised 
Showtime

These are the regular shadows. I have a mix between the shimmers and the mattes. Here are swatches below. From top to bottom the shadows are:
Brown Sugar
Cocoa Bear (this is a cult favourite with makeup lovers)
Cosmopolitan
Roulette
Taupe Notch
Mooniest
Graphite
Sensuous
Unexpected
Twilight
Cinderella
Peach Smoothie
Beaches and cream
Vanilla Bean
Shimma Shimma  (I think this is the perfect base colour for all skin tones)

The bottom shadows I knew would be very pale on my pale skin- I wanted some base lid colours. However Vanilla Bean is shocking. It's a matte and not anywhere near as pigmented as the other shadows I have. I am sure it'd look stunning on darker skin. A bad choice for me. I guess thats the risk in purchasing online! 

Review:

  • I adore the Foiled eyeshadows. I am happy with the pigmentation, they are creamy and look incredible on. The best way to apply these is to pack them onto the lid with a synthetic brush. 
  • I am not as happy with the matte shadows as I would like to be. In hindsight if I'd known they lacked the pigmentation that the others have, I might have opted to choose different shades. I also feel they are a little chalky. 
  • I also purchased a Duochrome "Blacklight" which is a purple/silver/pink. I dig it hard. 
  • The actual Z palette you can buy on the MUG website. I purchased mine on an Aussie website as the large black was sold out on MUG. It is sturdy, compact and the lid folds completely over.
  • If you haven't tried MakeUp Geek eyeshadows I recommend you do!

Standard eyeshadows are $6 USD
Foiled eyeshadows are $10 USD
Shipping from America to Australia cost me $11.99
I lost about $80 AUD in the conversion rate

Here;s the Makeup Geek website:
https://www.makeupgeek.com

If you have questions please comment below and I will answer them for you!

Until next time,
Gentle hugs
Bridget 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik