Wednesday 20 January 2016

Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals mini-review

Hi loves,

I have wanted this palette for awhile now. Makeup Revolution is a U.K brand that I have a few items from thanks to my British friends sending me some. I've been happy with everything I've tried. Unfortunately with being in Australia the exchange rate and the shipping puts me off doing an order as it becomes expensive. I found someone on eBay selling one brand new so I scooped it up. That was a disaster and a half with the seller not sending my item, seemingly re-selling it to someone else and not giving me my money back. Luckily eBay stepped in for me and I got a refund. I purchased this for $30 with a different eBay seller. The palette sells for 6.99 GBP which is roughly $15 AUD. With the conversions and shipping it equated to the same amount of money if I had bought it through Makeup Revolution. This is also known as a knock off for the Lime Crime Venus Palette.  
Below are photos, swatches and my review! 





Top row
From top to bottom:

  • Bias (you can barely see it. There isn't too much pigment to it)
  • Neutral
  • Personal
  • Vogue
  • Trend
  • New-Tral
  • Tone
  • Custom




 Bottom Row
From Top to Bottom

  • Cool (once again cant see the colour too well) 
  • Style
  • Partial
  • Mode
  • Adapt
  • Buff
  • Suit
  • Strong





Review points
  • All in all I am happy with this drugstore palette. 
  • The packaging doesn't feel cheap, feels sturdy enough and looks nice. 
  • The pigmentation is decent for the price, it does vary sightly with the lighter colours not showing up too well. 
  • The shadows are buttery and don't feel chalky.
  • The brush included in the palette is surprisingly decent! It feels soft and I will actually use it. 
  • The colour names come on a sheet of clear plastic which I dislike. I don't like keeping the plastic part. 
Would I recommend the palette? If you are a makeup lover sure! I love the colours included in the palette- I don't have a palette like this. If you love the look of the Lime Crime Venus palette but don't want to support the brand (google Lime Crime Scandal for more info) then this is a good alternative. 
If you've got any questions please comment them below!

Until next time,
Gentle hugs
Bridget 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik