Wednesday 15 July 2015

M.S Readathon

Hi my loves,

A few months ago my neurological symptoms seemed as if they had gotten worse- I was dropping things more frequently and stumbling on my words more then usual. I mentioned it to my doctor and he sent me to a neurologist to be tested for M.S. After some tests they ruled it out. Apparently its "just" brain fog. 


When I was a little girl I always did the M.S Readathon with my school. Ive always adored reading. And whilst I had no idea at that age what M.S was, I participated and looked forward to it each year. 


I don't know how to happened, what lead me to search for it but a few months ago I stumbled upon the M.S Readathon Facebook page. At first I thought it was only open to kiddies but I soon learnt it wasn't- I immediately knew I HAD to do it. 


What is the M.S Readathon? 

It's an Australian readathon that goes for an entire month of August and raises money for M.S. The idea is people sponsor you per book you read (e.g $1 per book you read). It's targeted to kiddies to encourage reading (which I'm all for as a former teacher!) but is welcome to all ages. 

My goals for this Readathon is to read as many books as humanly possible. A number? Let's say 20 books. I'd love to read 30 but its not going to happen I don't think. 
I would love to raise $300 towards helping find a cure for M.S. 

If you'd like to sponsor me here is the link below! 

https://register.msreadathon.org.au/MSReadathon/4c0e82f7a17db323fc7085d5799fab1b

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik