Wednesday 14 June 2017

What the heck is Spineforce?


Hello lovelies,
If you know me personally, you know that I have some major problems with my back that causes severe pain. It’s become so debilitating that I can no longer stand, sit or lay without feeling as if there is a knife in my lower back, lots of sciatica pain and a very numb right leg. A resolution to this problem would be to have a spinal fusion, but the idea is still very daunting to me and I’m not ready for it.
In 2014 I began doing Spineforce (I promise I’ll explain what Spineforce is in a moment) but mid way through the treatment I ended up breaking my foot. So treatment stopped and I focused on healing my foot. Now, a few months after applying to do it, I start tomorrow. And I am SO excited.


Spineforce (also is referred to as Huber) is a machine that is one of its kind. It’s a neuromuscular trainer that helps strengthen the muscles attached to your spine/vertebrae to strengthen your deep core. It's the only machine in the world that can do this. It can assist in spinal rehabilitation and PREVENT further injuries. Having already completed half the treatment in 2014, I  did already feel my back being stronger and more stable. The benefits of Spineforce include: improved balance, enhanced co-ordination, better flexibility and enhanced muscle strength. My doctor also believes it could help my Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome in my right foot that happened after I broke it. 

I think of it as a somewhat intensive treatment because in order to make sure it effectively works, you are required to do 3 sessions a week for 3-4 weeks. For me, that's a lot of work. I live 20 minutes away from my Doctors Office (where the treatments happen), so I need to get myself ready to go, do the treatments then wait around for my doctor to check I am ok after the treatment. Luckily I have someone to do the driving for me, which I don't think I could've handled doing myself. I do remember last time, in 2014, I did flare, and did have some added back pain at first, so I am prepared for that this time around. It will definitely take my everything to get to the treatments, but I am determined to do it. 

The treatments initially are very very short. I was told that as soon as I felt any sort of pain we were to stop, as that meant we were pushing too hard. Some treatments can last only five minutes. The treatments themselves are very basic. You stand on the machine, holding onto the weird handles and complete little exercises; pushing and pulling the handles with varying degrees of pressure. It might seem like you are achieving nothing, but you are retraining your brain as well as working your muscles, and these things shouldn't be rushed. 

There aren't very many of these machines in Australia, I just happened to be lucky and have free access to this thanks to my amazing SuperClinic and Medicare. I think part of the reason that there aren't many available is due to the price of the actual machine, it is a very expensive piece of equipment. I do hope more are available for those with spinal problems in Australia soon. 


I am going to give Spineforce my absolute ALL. I need this to work. I need some sort of relief for my back and I don't want to have to resort to a spinal fusion yet. The neurosurgeon I consulted with about my back told me he recommended I put off spinal surgery as long as possible because of my age (I was 27 at the time of the consult) and he believed I'd need more fusions in the future due to the pressure spinal fusions place on discs above and below the fused disc.

I plan to document this journey, not only for myself, but for you reading this. There really isn't much online about Spineforce from a patient's view, in fact when I first did it in 2014, I was very skeptical because I couldn't find anything on the internet about it! I want people to be able to come to the blog and get an honest opinion, so I will be blogging about this journey, as well as posting over on my Beautifully Broken, Chronically Strong Facebook page (link below). 

So, here I go, hoping and praying for some relief. To not have to reach for the pain medication or the Zen spray, but to be able to complete simple tasks such as washing up or cooking without the need to sit on my walker. 

If you have any questions about Spineforce and the treatments you are welcome to comment below or contact me privately. 

Gentle hugs,
Bridget 


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik