Wednesday 24 May 2017

Bridget's Birthday Wish



On August 3rd I am turning 30. If you'd have asked me 10 years ago, or even 5 I would've expected my life to look a heck of a lot different. See by society's standards at 30 I should have some sort of successful career, maybe married and a child or two. Instead, I'm housebound, unable to work and suffering several chronic illnesses including Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome and chronic back issues including a Grade 2 Spondylothesis. These conditions leave me in pain from the moment I wake, to the moment I sleep. I spend my days trying to do basic tasks at home, having to rest after simply taking a shower. I also suffer from extreme fatigue so some days getting out of bed is like climbing a mountain. 


I definitely didn't expect my life to turn out like this.

So where does my birthday fit into this?
We all like to celebrate birthdays, especially the milestone ones, in a special way. Normally you'd probably throw a party with friends and family. Unfortunately that's not something I can do with my health, and none of my friends live near me. I still wanted to celebrate the day in some way and that's where the idea of having my friends and friends of friends send me birthday cards began. I figured spending my birthday opening cards filled with birthday wishes would take what could be a melancholic day into a day of smiles and love.

Why am I creating my own event? Why isn't someone doing it for me? Well my friends are also sick, and I didn't want them to have to do this for me, even though they offered. I also want to be able to interact with everyone and say thank you to everyone who participates.

So that's my birthday wish.
I want to be able to lay in bed and spend the day opening cards from all over the world. To connect with people- new friends and old. Please help me celebrate my life, my journey, my battle to simply survive each and every pain filled day. Please send me a card and share this event with your family and friends.


You are welcome to send cards early, as I will be keeping them to open on my birthday. If you can add "for your birthday" or something birthday related on the back I can make sure I don't accidentally open it early.

Facebook Event Link

Send to:
Bridget Parker
58 Panorama Avenue
Charmhaven
NSW 2263
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik